Translate

Monday, November 11, 2013

Parental Advisory: Explicit Content

For those lighthearted individuals reading my blog, please excuse my morning rant and only read the following if you can take a few big swear words because I need to spew out my anger...
Here goes: I called my dear lawyer this morning to see if I could change my son's name - you see, I had the bright idea when Zach was born to follow a Russian tradition in honour of the fucking man I thought would be with us for the rest of our lives;  therefore, my prescious baby boy possesses not one, but TWO, of his father's fucking names: Zachary Semion Therrien Polstianoy.  You see, in Russia, children are named after their father no matter what, and so there is a special ending given to a child's name according to his or her gender;  thus, a little girl will be forever known as her father's daughter in the same way that a boy will be known as his father's son.  
Well, it has been a year that this charming man after whom I had decided to name my son has not given any sign of life to me OR to my son, nor has he helped us in ANY fucking way... and when I asked the lawyer if I could start the procedure to change my son's name, he responded that a YEAR was not fucking long enough for the court to grant me this monumental change.
A YEAR is not fucking LONG enough ???????
Are you KIDDING ME ????????
In a young boy's life, a whole year is FUCKING long, let me tell you... 
Apparently, some fathers only recognize their progeny after THREE years... they only fucking wake up THEN and claim their responsibility towards the child or children they so childishly, immaturely and retardedly deserted in the first place.
As mothers, WE do not have the same opportunity because we carry our dear babies inside of us, whereas a man can sow his seeds any which way and then decide to nurture the growth of those plants or not... 
I shall leave you with this song and video that makes my throat clench and tears spring into my eyes every single time I listen to it: Every man knows how to make a baby, it's not fucking Biochemistry, but it takes a REAL fucking man to become a FATHER.
Fuck.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Im so sorry you had to go through something like this Mary....but I congratulate you for being a wounderful, strong, intellectual single mother and you know first hand that your son will not be missing out on anything and that you will provide him with enough love that will last him a lifetime.I wish you & Zachary nothing but the best and one day you will find a MAN that will love you and Zachary...just take life one day at a time and believe that thing will get better ♥.

    Lot of love Patty

    ReplyDelete