Translate

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I am one of THOSE moms...

You know, one of those moms who is implicated in every single aspect of her child's life - she is on the parenting committee at his or her school, she is the soccer or hockey or whatever else coach, she is the head of this or that extracurricular activity, she goes on the school outings as a volunteer, she bakes cookies or something maybe not entirely edible for the bakesale, she is the hostess for all of his or her friends on the weekends... well, I am and will be one of THOSE moms.
I have recently been approached by the president of the CA at my son's daycare to become one of its members, and of course, I accepted.  He asked me if I would be interested about two weeks ago, while I was trying to dress my wriggling and squirming son in his snowpants, boots, jacket and the whole rest of his mandatory winter gear, cursing under my breath and already wishing it was summer.  I was instantly wanting to be involved since he told me that this administrative group had a direct impact on the daycare and its every day functions.
We had our first meeting tonight, and though I was sadly disappointed that there was no coffee, cake, cookies or other refreshments being served while we spoke budget and other important matters (my brain functions better on caffiene and sugar, as do most people's I think), and though I was somewhat lost and did not know the protocols called for during such a meeting, I enjoyed myself and knew that I was where I should be.
To know that I will have a say in who takes care of my baby boy, what goes into his mouth every day in the form of snacks and lunches, and how the money is spent in order to better his overall daycare experience, makes me feel as though I am doing something worthwhile for him, AND the other children that have and will become his friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment